Question about turning WinVinKey on and off

Vietnamese keyboard driver in Windows & Mac

Moderator: hoc

Question about turning WinVinKey on and off

Postby dbadagna » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Hello, I have a question.

When using the Microsoft IME (Input Method Editor) for Chinese, I can turn the Chinese on and off using ALT-SHIFT.

When using WinVNKey, there's a yellow-and-red icon in my system tray at the bottom right of the screen. When íts off, I see a red circle/slash. When it's on, I see red letters saying "VN."

My question is, is there a similar way of using the keyboard to turn WinVnKey on and off while I'm typing text (rather than having to take my fingers off the keyboard and use the mouse to turn it off when I'm typing English text)?

Many thanks for your help.
dbadagna

Postby hoc » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Hi dbadagna:

There are many ways.

1) Enable hot keys:
Page "Advanced" / Check the box for Enable hot keys. Click on the button on the right, you will see a table, which defines CTRL-CTRL-O for turning OFF, CTRL-CTRL-V for turning on mode 1, etc.

Note: CTRL-CTRL-O means press and release CTRL, then press and release CTRL again, then press and release O (does not matter upper case or lower case). Please click on "Help" in the hotkey table for more info.

2) Or using Page Advanced => 2. Switch mode by keyboard command.

You can turn on this feature. Then click on the button on the right to see details:

- \S means switching to sleep mode.
- \WK! means wake up (returns to previous mode)

\S is what you want. In sleep mode WinVNKey does not change your keystrokes unless they happen to be exactly a sequence of 4 chars: \ W K !. This is almost the OFF state.

BTW, details are explained in WinVNKey online manual:

http://winvnkey.sf.net/webhelp/hot_keys.htm

If you click on "show" at the very top left corner, it will show the entire manual.

Thanks

Hoc
hoc

Return to WinVNkey & MacVNkey